The ISNTD is thrilled to present its first Hackathon, mobilising innovating communities worldwide to tackle the challenges of tropical disease control and global health.
The Hackathon will also be addressing the specific challenges identified and set out by our members and patrons.
Dec - Call to Arms - The Patrons will set out;
- what they are doing in the respective field
- the challenges that they are facing - these can be both strategic or operational
- the types of solutions that they need assistance and can be positioned across
-Film; Medical intervention, behaviour, stigma, education
-Apps - data led issues, stigma, awareness, patient cohort interaction prescription community interaction
( very wide scope for interaction )
-Theater/ Radio - intervention,stigma, education, prevention etc
- this will then be communicated by the ISNTD aswell as each Patron across our collective global networks and used as a rallying call to set direction and galvanize the various communities into the next phase; team registration
Late Dec through to end of Jan - Team Formation
- Following our global communications team formation will open - individuals are encouraged to come forward with their skills to help form the teams and directional slant. Teams will be moving from concept to solution during this period.
Mid Feb to 23rd Feb - Adjudication period - Patrons will judge which film, app, theater solution they consider 1st,2nd and 3rd place.
Feb 23rd - ISNTD Festival -Patrons will present the award and give a prize to the first placed solution!
Join this exciting momentum now - sign up here for updates or email Kamran Rafiq email@example.com or Mariane Comparet firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved aswell as how to become a Patron!
An innovative and interactive game, which can be delivered in low-resource classroom settings or activity sessions to educate groups about leprosy, which addresses the importance of recognising symptoms and getting early treatment for the disease.
Prize: 6-month internship with TLME&W
... full brief here.